DESIGN & HEALTH III - Health Promotion Through Environmental Design
by Alan Dilani, Ph.D.
Research Center Design and Health, NOVUM Science Park, Stockholm,
This book is the result of the 3rd World Congress on Design and Health, organized by the International Academy for Design and Health in Montreal, in June 2003. It presents the latest research findings and knowledge in the field of healthcare design. The book includes 29 articles from research scientists, designers and health professionals from all over the world. The book was published by the Academy in August 2004, containing 325 pages with all illustrations in color.
- Introduction to Design and Health
- The new McGill Hospital in Montreal
- Evaluation and Design of Work Environment
- The Parameters of Health and its Promotion
- Environmental Impacts on Stress
- Health Promotion through Environmental Design
- Environmental Quality Effects on Health
- Stress Reducing Environment, Impacts on Sick Children
- Environmental Evaluation Methods
- Environments for Cancer Treatment
- Hospital Design in Different Parts of The World
- Culture on Stress Reduction
Paperback: 325 pages; in colour illustrations
Dimensions (in cm): 17 x 24
Publisher: Design and Health ( Stockholm, Sweden) 1st edition (August 2004)
400 Sek - 40 Euro + airmail postage
Content of the Book
The International Academy for Design & Health’s global events programme is designed to develop and transfer knowledge and understanding of healthy built environment around the world.