World Health Design
Launched in April 2008, World Health Design is already established as the leading authority on issues of research, professional and business practice relating to the field of design and health, providing a forum that stimulates debate and promotes the values, wisdom and knowledge of the academy’s network and community to business, government and other public organizations.
To subscribe, please visit World Health Design
To view and read previous issues of the magazine, click here
World Health Design’s mission is to be the leading international authority online and in print, promoting, celebrating and disseminating new knowledge, information and excellence in the field of design and health.
• To report on the latest architectural projects and technologies
• To analyse trends and developments in international markets
• To comment on the political, social, economic and technological environment
• To publish the latest research findings in the field
• To be a discerning and indispensable resource and companion
World Health Design is a subscription based journal with an interdisciplinary readership that includes architects, designers, developers, health scientists, clinicians, health managers, psychologists, economists working within government, academia and business.
The editorial content strives for a balanced mix of scientific articles and research papers combined with business and professional content including news, opinion, thought leader interviews, project reviews, book reviews, feature articles, events diary, letters, product information and advertising. The editorial team welcomes submissions from researchers and practitioners. Click here for contributor guidelines and media information. Or contact the Editorial Director on +44 (0) 1277 634176 or at email@example.com
All editorial is advised on, reviewed and approved by World Health Design’s Editorial Advisory Board, made up of an interdisciplinary mix of global experts based in research and practice from around the world.
World Health Design's Editorial Advisory Board is comprised of leading researchers and practioners with multidisciplinary backgrounds from all over the world.
Dr John Zeisel PhD, US
Dr Zeisel is president of Hearthstone Alzheimer Care, a company with its headquarters in Lexington, Massachusetts that manages assisted living treatment residences for people with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias. In 1998, Dr Zeisel was honoured with the Environment Design Research Association's (EDRA) Career Award for his contributions to design research. In the same year, he received the EDRA/Places research award for examining the effects of the physical environment on health and well-being of people with Alzheimer's disease Dr Zeisel received his PhD in sociology from Columbia University and a Loeb Fellowship from Harvard University, School of Design. He is the author of ‘Inquiry by Design’, a standard reference in many architecture, design and social science courses.
The Editorial Board
Prof Jacqueline Vischer PhD, Canada
Prof Philip Mead PhD, US
Dr Eve Edelstein PhD, US
Dr Patricia Tzortzopoulos Fazenda PhD, UK
Prof Clare Cooper Marcus, US
Prof Young Sook Lee PhD, Korea
Dr Ruzica Bozovic-Stamenovic PhD, Singapore
Prof Noemi Bitterman, Israel
Mike Nightingale, UK
Alice Liang, Canada
Peter Scher, UK
Martha Rothman, US
Diana Anderson MD, Canada
Jeanette Paul, UK
Dr Martti Teikari, PhD Finland
Prof Reza Emdad PhD, Sweden
Dr Linda Jones PhD, New Zealand
What our readers say about us?
Since launching in April 2008, World Health Design is established as the leading international resource for researchers and practitioners working in the field of design & health. Here are just some of the tributes the journal has received since its launch:
- “There are few journals of such quality in the health market and World Health Design is in a different league. I particularly enjoy the international aspect and being able to see global solutions to general or local problems. It’s also unusual and refreshing to see a scientific review in a design journal.”
Pat Young, Design Specialist, National Patient Safety Agency, UK
- World Health Design is an important tool for those interested in healthcare design and research. It is one of the only sources that aims to bridge the gap between practice and research. I look forward to seeing the next issue and contributing in any way I can.
Diana Anderson, WHR Architects, USA
- World Health Design has been warmly received by all my colleagues. Keeping health planners and architects happy with the same publication – you must be doing a lot right!
Craig Dixon, Tribal Consulting, UK
- Your new publication is absolutely fabulous! The articles are all of high substance, the projects are interesting and well-designed, that art direction and layout is superb and there are lots of colour photos. It walks the line between the Herd Journal and Healthcare Design magazine, which is a really interesting concept. I am going to subscribe today.
Jain Malkin, Jain Malkin Co., USA
- I congratulate the World Health Design team on an excellent, well presented and thought provoking publication...well done.
Kieran Morgan, Health Development Director, Nightingale Associates, UK
- World Health Design is a very nice journal and fits perfectly the purpose
Frank Chantelot, director, TLV, France
- World Health Design is really impressive. I like the mix of practice, research, and industry news.
Susan Rodiek, Centre for Health Systems & Design, Texas A&M University
- It’s beautiful. Lots of great content.
Tye Farrow, Farrow Partnership Architects, Canada
- A really impressive publication - well done!
Adrian Marriott, Tribal Consulting, UK
- WHD is the missing platform for all who share the same vision for healthcare design. I am delighted to be on the Editorial Advisory Board and contribute to this thrilling endeavour.
Dr Ruzica Bozovic Stamenovic, School of Design and Environment, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Congratulations on the launching of the new journal. That is another great achievement for the Academy’s vision of Design and Health.
Linda Jones, School of Psychology, Massey University, New Zealand
- World Health Design is really excellent in every way – beautifully designed and printed, contains a wealth of important and useful material, very well-illustrated, with editorial content and advertisements nicely balanced.
Peter Scher, architectural consultant, writer and researcher, UK