Standards & Guidelines
The academy is in the process of working with leading health-related regulatory bodies and agencies around the globe to develop an international standard for the development of health-related built environment projects.
Design Quality Standards Global Summit
Design Quality Standards (DQS) is a global summit meeting organised with the Academy’s partners. The first conference was held in Toronto in September 2007 and the second in London November 2007. The long term strategic objective of these events is to develop with key partners a program that facilitates the international exchange of ideas and expertise to support guidelines and standards development.
The DQS Global Summit brings together Ministries of Health in different countries around the world together with design practitioners and industry to progress the debate around this important issue at an international level.
- To provide a forum for the development of an international standards for healthcare facilities
- To develop leadership and expertise in design guidance, standards development, capital investment and costing
- To develop toolkits and benchmarking procedures to assist health providers manage their design requirements from initial proposal through to post-project evaluation
- To initiate international research programs to better understand the impact of the built environment on health delivery
- To facilitate the international exchange of knowledge, expertise, best practice and ideas around design guidance
- To help deliver healthcare buildings that are sustainable, fit for purpose and contribute to the healing process